Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Holden and Grief

With Holden and his death with his brother he doesn't handle it very well, he runs to the garage and bust out the windows because he feels empty and he almost doesn't know what to do in this situation, I could imagine losing someone like my brother and I feel I would of handled I t the same way. After reading chapter 5 you get to know who Holden is in another way, we see he's been been through struggles in his life and we feel bad for him. We almost use his bothers death as an excuse of why Holden is so mean. And this shows us that he is still dealing with his
brothers death, also we get a sense he still cares because he write about it in stradlaters composition. Things that stuck out to me in chapter five is how descriptive Holden is and how he remembers all these little detailed things about his brother. " I wrote about my brother Allies baseball mit, it was a very descriptive subject. It really was. My brother Allie had this left handed fielders mit. He was left handed. The thing that was descriptive about it, though, was that he had poems written all over the fingers and pockets and everywhere. In green ink." This quote gives us an idea of how much Allie meant to Holden and how much impact Allie had on Holden life till now. Grief comes across I think younger people more then adults, when I lost my great grandmother about 6 years ago I also remember thinking I accepted her passing away but I was always reminded when holidays or events came around and she wasn't there, it wasn't the same and a piece was missing and then I would get reminded that she's gone. I fell as if Holden is that way too. He uses his writing skills to almost bring Allie back to life in his writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment